Lint trap believed to have sparked house fire

Lint trap believed to have sparked house fire

An electrical outlet is believed to have caused a fire inside a double-wide home on Monday afternoon. 

GNP App

Just before 1 p.m., the Guthrie Fire Department responded to the structure fire in the 3900 block of S. Pine St.

Firefighters found light smoke coming primarily from underneath the home.

The fire appears to have started at the lint trap (vent outlet) of the home’s dryer.

Firefighters needed just a few minutes to extinguish the flames and keep the fire isolated and from spreading to the remainder of the home.

Everyone inside the home was able to quickly get outside. There were no injuries reported at the scene.

Leave a Reply