The Guthrie Fire Department recently added four gooseneck LED light fixtures in front of the fire station near the bay doors. Not only does the lighting provide a warm, welcoming feel, but also is energy-efficient.
The lights were replaced due to constant issues with the old fixtures and became too expensive to repair.
Back in 1894, the Oklahoma Territorial Firemen Association (OTFA), now known as the Oklahoma State Firefighters Association (OSFA), was founded by three fire departments: Guthrie, El Reno and Oklahoma City. The original handwritten log book of the OTFA (pictured) contains the articles and corporation, bylaws, constitution and minutes from the first convention.