A Guthrie home went up in flames on Thursday morning on Guthrie’s west side. The fire has left one person and his pet without a home.
Emergency crews responded to 916 W. Logan just after 8:30 a.m. Guthrie police officers were quickly on the scene and reported the home to be fully-involved with smoke and flames.
The thick, black smoke could be seen rising into the air from miles away.
Firefighters with the Guthrie Fire Department, who were assisted from the Oak Cliff Fire Department, fought the fire from three sides of the structure with majority of the flames coming from the back of the home.
It took firefighters approximately 45 minutes to bring the fire under control.
A man and his dog were able to escape the home, but had to watch firefighters extinguish the flames from across the street.
The American Red Cross were called in to assist the homeowner.
Firefighters remained on the scene at 10 a.m. and it was undetermined at the time what may have sparked the blaze.
There were no injuries reported at the scene.