School storage shed erupts in flames

School storage shed erupts in flames

A school storage building is a complete loss after it erupted with smoke and flames on Monday afternoon.


The Crescent Fire Department responded to the storage building near Crescent High School just after 3 p.m.

As fire crews arrived the building was overtaken forcing firefighters to go defensive.

“The building was fully-involved when the department arrived,” Fire Chief Grady Birchfield said. “It was quickly brought under control with assistance from the Guthrie Fire Department.”

Birchfield says the structure was a total loss.

Inside was miscellaneous items, including desks and chairs.

Crescent Middle School Principal Wayne Owens said students were held at the school until buses could arrive.

It’s not certain what sparked the fire.

There were no injuries reported at the scene.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.