Video: Electric fence sparks hay bales

Video: Electric fence sparks hay bales

Firefighters with the Guthrie Fire Department were kept busy on Monday afternoon after several hay bales caught fire north of town.


The fire department was called out a half mile of the intersection of Pine St. and Cooksey Road on Pine St just after 2 p.m.

A nearby electric fence sparked the fire and caused 22 hay bales to go up in flames and heavy smoke.

Environmental Management, Inc. assisted firefighters to knock the fire down with a backhoe.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.