Guthrie firefighters performed life saving techniques on a puppy after a home was filled with smoke on Saturday evening.
The Guthrie Fire Department responded to 214 N. Oak, shortly after 8 p.m., after a resident called 911 and alerting officials their bedroom was on fire.
Firefighters arrived to flames in the southwest bedroom and heavy smoke throughout the home.
Two people inside the residence were able to escape.
Firefighters brought two puppies out from the home and started oxygen and chest compressions. One puppy was seen with shallow breathing while the other was found unresponsive and died.
After several minutes of oxygen, one of the puppies was able to stand and begin walking.
Highway 33 (Noble Ave.) was shut down for 33 minutes as firefighters needed a fire hydrant from across the busy street.
It was uncertain what sparked the fire at the scene, but appears the home was not a total loss despite sustaining heavy smoke damage.