This year Guthrie High School United Week is raising money for the Guthrie Public School Pantries as part of their annual philanthropy week. This year students have came up with many activities that the community can help partake in, including a golf scramble, tennis tournament and a carnival.
The pantries provide food, clothing, toiletries and other miscellaneous items for students in the school district.
The week long of events will be March 1 -5.
“We have partnered with many businesses and restaurant around to town to reach our goal of $12,000. We invite everyone to help us in reaching our goal with the many activities we have set up,” Student Body Vice President Blakeley Huskey said.
Here are the activities
- March 2nd Golf Scramble
- 4:00 at the Country Club
- Registration https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe7i8ae3PlIO2ZZxOXw8CcNcHqAnf5iejyfMNRbPUVirBuz_Q/viewform?c=0&w=1
- March 3rd Guthrie Nutrition
- Come to Guthrie Nutrition and get served by Guthrie Student Council Members
- March 5th Game Night at the Boarding House
- Will donate 20% of proceeds will be donated to the week
- March 10th United Week Carnival
- 6:00-8:30 at the High School
- Organizations around the High School will have booths set up
- Food trucks will also be on campus
- March 11th Tennis Doubles Tournament
- Guthrie High School Tennis Courts at 1:00 pm
- $20 per team
- Registration Link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1J56fA0NOutARV7NHy16JTuQ1pNvfAN_mQTsYPb99XoY/edit
- March 12th Powder Puff Football
- Come watch Guthrie Bluejay Football players coach the GHS girls to victory!
- Following the JV Baseball Game (Roughly 7:00pm)
- $3 to watch the games
- Played at Jelsma Stadium