A Guthrie home went up in flames on Thursday morning on Guthrie’s west side. The fire has left one person and his pet without a home. Emergency crews responded to 916 W. Logan just after 8:30 a.m. Guthrie police officers were quickly on the scene and reported the home to be fully-involved with smoke and […]
Firefighters with the Guthrie Fire Department, along with Sparky, paid a visit to Grace Christian School on Monday morning.
The Veterans of Foreign Wars Sooner Post 4578 hosted an appreciation and awards luncheon for law enforcement, firefighters and EMT throughout Logan County at the Guthrie VFW on Saturday afternoon.
Recently, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) awarded a $310,996.00 Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) to Guthrie Fire-EMS. The money will be used to purchasing lifesaving emergency medical equipment for the department’s ambulances and rescue vehicles, according to Fire Chief Eric Harlow.
Fire Chief Eric Harlow received the department's latest grant in front of the fire station last week.
The Community Foundation of Central Electric Cooperative board recently approved a grant of $10,000 to the Guthrie Fire – EMS Department. This grant will help equip ambulances with critically necessary treatment devices.
Firefighters were forced to go defensive on a trailer fire Friday afternoon.
Firefighters from four different agencies needed over four hours to completely extinguish flames from a grass and hay fire on Wednesday afternoon. A bearing went out on a round baler at around 4 p.m. to spark the fire. Luckily, the operator was able to save the machine. As firefighters made their way to the land […]
A Guthrie business building caught fire on Saturday afternoon.
The fire inside a paint shop on Thursday morning could have been much worse. Luckily, the fire was extinguished quickly and saved a building and several items inside. The Guthrie Fire Department and Oak Cliff Fire Department were dispatched to Forum Energy Technologies located at 3100 W. Noble – north of Mercy Hospital Logan County […]
A four man water rescue/boat team from the Guthrie Fire Department left for Houston Wednesday morning to help rescue efforts following the devastation left by Hurricane Harvey.
Guthrie Fire Chief Eric Harlow and Albert Ahswood the Director of the Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management.
Guthrie Fire Chief Eric Harlow was recognized for his dedicated commitment to keeping the public informed with the 2017 Ben Frizzell Memorial Award. The citation was presented by the Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (OEM) during Wednesday’s emergency management awards banquet. The award recognizes an individual who provides outstanding service in the area of emergency management […]
Firefighters with the Guthrie Fire Department spent their Saturday morning helping children at the Logan County Youth Shelter by upgrading their outdoor activities.
Guests inside a Guthrie hotel were driven out of their beds late Friday night by the alarm system. As they made their way out, smoke could be seen coming from the bottom floor.
They’re behind the scenes for police and fire, but dispatchers are instrumental for law enforcement and firefighters which allows them to do their job.
Photo courtesy of Battalion Chief Erin Jones.
The Guthrie Fire Department has responded to several unusual calls throughout the years, but the latest occurred on Sunday night when a family pet fell several feet below a Guthrie home.
Touch the Trucks was delayed a few months, but that did not stop several from coming out and enjoying some cool vehicles and machinery on Sunday.
One person was taken to a Oklahoma City hospital following a single vehicle accident on I-35 on Friday afternoon.
The Guthrie Fire Department recently added four gooseneck LED light fixtures in front of the fire station near the bay doors. Not only does the lighting provide a warm, welcoming feel, but also is energy-efficient.
Thanks to neighbors and a maintenance worker, an apartment resident was left with minimal damage following a small fire inside a living room.
An electrical outlet is believed to have caused a fire inside a double-wide home on Monday afternoon.