Transformer catches fire; east side goes without power

Bookmark and Share

GNP App

An electrical transformer in the 1900 block of east Oklahoma caught fire and left many homes and businesses without power on Saturday.

The fire inside an electrical box, located on the ground, started at around 10:30 a.m.

According to OG&E, 1,517 customers were affected by the electrical fire.

The Guthrie Fire Department was dispatched to the area and upon arrival saw no visible fire.

OG&E was been called to the scene and was able to restore power just after noon.

Businesses up and down Noble were without power as were homes on the east side of town and as far as Highway 105.

One Response to "Transformer catches fire; east side goes without power"

  1. Wilgot Carlsson   June 11, 2012 at 1:15 am

    That was a terrible things happen for a transformer which people really need it..I hope they fix it very fast.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.