Video: Man escapes burning house

Video: Man escapes burning house

A Guthrie resident was able to escape his house Monday afternoon before flames and smoke were able to completely take over.

GNP App

The Guthrie Fire Department responded to the 800 block of E. Warner for a structure fire. Upon their arrival, they found the home full of flames.

The black, heavy smoke could be seen miles away.

With the assistance of Oak Cliff Fire Department, firefighters needed several minutes to extinguish the flames.

The man inside the home says he was asleep upstairs when he awoke to the sound of fire.

The cause of the fire may be the result of an electric blanket on the east side of the porch that was being used to keep animals warm.

However, firefighters continue to investigate.

The home is a complete loss.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.