Flames and smoke destroys mobile home

Flames and smoke destroys mobile home

A family is without a home following a mobile home fire on Sunday afternoon. The fire marks the second house fire for the family.


The Guthrie and Sooner fire departments were dispatched just after 3:15 p.m. for a structure fire in the 1300 block of S. Birch St.

The family (all adults) were able to escape the home without suffering any injuries.

In January 2018, the same family watched their previous home be destroyed by fire.

As firefighters arrived to the scene on Sunday, flames could be seen from the back of the home as the entire house was filled with smoke.

A person living in the home tells Guthrie News Page she believes the fire may have been started due to an electrical issue.

Fire crews needed just minutes to gain control of the flames.

The American Red Cross was called to the scene to help the family and their immediate needs.

2 Responses to "Flames and smoke destroys mobile home"

  1. Dianne burrows and Jeffrey burrows and brandy bench   February 10, 2019 at 7:14 pm

    The red cross only helped Robert lahit they didn’t help us they didn’t even talk to us we lost everything we owned we need help really bad thank you the burrows and bench family

  2. Dianne Burrows   February 20, 2019 at 11:46 pm

    Dose anyone know of rent houses in the country in guthrie


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.