It was an early morning wake up call for some residents on Wednesday after a fire broke out in the Hillcrest Apartments.
Just before 1 a.m., the Guthrie Police Department and Guthrie Fire Department responded to 2301 S. Division St. for a kitchen fire.
Police officers first arrived to the scene and attempted to extinguish the flames, but the smoke and heat were too much along with the fire already reaching the roof line.
Nearby residents, who were requested to evacuate their apartment by police, watched as firefighters needed approximately 15 minutes to get the fire under control and remained on the scene for just over a hour.
Battalion Chief Greg Machtolff says the cause of the fire was a result of a grease fire in the kitchen. One person inside the apartment attempted to put it out with towels but was unsuccessful.
Machtolff thanked the officers for their quick response evacuating the apartments.
There were no injuries reported at the scene.