House being remodeled catches fire

Fire departments from Coyle and Guthrie worked together to put out a house fire on Wednesday afternoon.

Fire crews responded to 601 S. Asp in Coyle just after 2 p.m. Firefighters were alerted by a former firefighter, who was working in the area when he noticed smoke coming from the home.

Before firefighters arrived, citizens attempted to put the fire out, but was unable to contain the blaze.

The Coyle Fire Department responded with two engines, a brush truck and a tanker while the Guthrie Fire Department responded with an engine.

The home was being remodeled at the time of the fire.

Firefighters were able to keep the fire confined to the back of the house by cutting a hole in the roof. However, the home suffered smoke damage throughout.

It’s uncertain what started the blaze.

There were no injuries reported at the scene.


Be the first to comment on "House being remodeled catches fire"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.