The City of Guthrie will begin work on two roadways this week. Motorists should expect delays and avoid the areas for the next several days.
Work is set to begin — as early as Friday, June 5 — on Pine Street and 1st Street.
The Pine St. resurface road project is slated from Noble Ave. to College Ave. The nearly 4,000 square foot project cost is slated for $61,124.
The 1st Street resurface project will take place from Noble Ave. to Cleveland Ave. The nearly 1,000 square foot project is estimated to cost $29,948. The project includes curb and guttering.
The stretch of road, in front of Smith-Gallo Funeral Home, was damaged during the construction of the new bridge on Noble (State Highway 33). Despite efforts by the City to have the construction company address the road, the company denied causing any damage.
The projects are slated to be completed by Friday, June 12.
Projects approved in November 2019:
1. N. Pine, from Noble to Pine St. Bridge 3946 sq. yds.
2. Territorial Trails, from Pine to Parking 1284 sq. yds.
3. Rutgers, from Birch to Sycamore 662 sq. yds.
4. 1st Street from Noble to Cleveland 966.66 sq. yds.
5. Vilas, 100 ft west 300 sq. yds.
6. S Walnut, Harrison to Alley 574 sq. yds.
7. Park & Perkins approach 94 sq. yds.
8. Tara Ln, Foster to dead-end 909 sq. yds.
9. Logan, 16th to 17th 373 sq. yds.
10. Warner, 13th to 14th 383 sq. yds.
11. 1500 Blk W College 1177 sq. yds
12. College, 11th to 12th 662 sq. yds.
13. Lakewood 565 sq. yds.
14. 17th between Ridgecrest & Lakewood 400 sq. yds.
Alternate I: Alley between N. Oak & N. Ash/Noble & Cleveland 716 sq. yds.
Alternate II: Mineral Wells Parking
Alternate III: Mineral Wells Park west Rd