Dog sparks house fire on east side

A dog is to blame for a house fire on Super Bowl Sunday.

The Guthrie Fire Department responded to the 400 block of E. Vilas Sunday afternoon at around 3 p.m.

When firefighters arrived, flames could be shooting out the window of the duplex.

With the assistance of Sooner Fire Department, fire crews were able to stop the fire. However, the interior suffered fire and smoke dagame.

Fire officials said the cause of the fire was a dog knocking over a candle.

The American Red Cross was called to help the fire victims, who were able to get out of the burning home with no injuries.


Be the first to comment on "Dog sparks house fire on east side"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.