Multiple fire departments responded to a Logan County home Tuesday evening. Upon arrival, flames could be seen coming out from the chimney.
Just after 6:30 p.m., emergency personnel was dispatched to the 10000 block of N. Broadway for a structure fire.
All occupants of the home were able to get out to safety.
Guthrie Fire Cheif Eric Harlow said the two-story, ranch home was 10 miles from the nearest hydrant. However, fire crews were able to keep the fire contained in the room where it originated from.
The cause of fire came from inside the chimney causing the home to suffer fire, smoke, and water damage.
Fire crews from Guthrie, Oak Cliff, Crescent, and Mulhall were needed to extinguish the flames inside a nearly 9,000-square-foot home.
Crews were on the scene for approximately three hours.
Assisting with the fire were Heartland Medical Direction and the Logan County Sheriff’s Office.