External parasites are a major problem for pets in Oklahoma during the summer months. I bet there are a few things in this article that you didn’t know. The main take away is to protect your pet so they don’t get sick.
Did you know that a single flea can bite your pet 400 times a day, drink more than its body weight in blood and produce hundreds of eggs each day? Besides causing skin and allergy issues, fleas can transmit tapeworms to your pet. When you see fleas on your pet, you only see 5% of their population. The other 95%, (consisting of eggs, larvae, and pupae) are living in the environment, such as your carpet, couch, and grass. Weather permitting, new adult fleas emerge every 2 weeks.
Read more: Interesting Facts About External Parasites