Hope you had an awesome weekend. This week should be a super duper productive one for you.
Before I jump into all the good stuff, I wanted to let you know that the Taloa Festival will not be happening in September, as for the information we have gotten in the Chamber office. We will keep you posted.
Here are 5 things I wanted to share with you:
- I attended the Convocation for the Guthrie Public Schools on Friday. The teachers and staff had so much energy. It made me proud to be a Bluejay.
- Langston’s President Smith addressed the incoming freshman on Friday as well and I attended. They had over 600 incoming freshman and we had several Guthrie business and community leaders in attendance welcoming them. There was a reception afterwards with President Smith.
- On this Friday, we will be launching a new website and domain name at the Guthrie Chamber and we are excited about it. We will keep you posted. The new domain name is GuthrieChamber.com.
- I will be taking a tour of Meridian Tech today.
- If you haven’t seen our new Chamber Chat, you should check it out HERE. Email me at Heady@GuthrieChamber.Com if you’re interested in being the next Chamber Member to sit down with me for our next Chamber Chat. This is in partnership with the City of Guthrie. We are thrilled about the support the City of Guthrie has been providing us.
Bonus: I’m reading STARTUP COMMUNITIES by Brad Feld. The book speaks to starting specific types of entrepreneurial communities in a city. I can’t put the book down.
You definitely should read these 3 articles:
- The 8 Essential Steps to Building a Winning Company Culture
- Every marketing challenge revolves around these questions
- 5 Ways Reading Makes You A Better Leader
We are still signing people up for our communities at communitywins.us. I think it’s true to say that we are BETTER TOGETHER. #CommunityWins
The Chamber Coffee is a great way to network and meet new people. Join us this Wednesday morning at Mercy Hospital in their cafeteria. Located at 200 S. Academy Road, Guthrie, OK.
Farmers Market is Saturday kicking off at 8 a.m. and ending at 12 p.m. #ComeGetFresh