The City of Guthrie is seeking qualified candidates to fill a vacant city council position representing Ward III of the City for the balance of an existing term of office through the first Monday in May 2023 and subsequent four-year term that would start on Monday, May 1, 2023.
The position was opened following the resignation of Don Channel. The council formally accepted his resignation on Tuesday, Feb. 21. Related article: Councilman Don Channel resigns city council post
The City Council shall select, by an affirmative vote of at least four members, an eligible person to fill the vacancy.
● Qualifications for the vacant position pursuant to the Guthrie City Charter, are as follows:
1. Must be a citizen of the United States of America and the State of Oklahoma;
2. Must be 21 years of age or older;
3. Must be a registered voter;
4. Must be a resident of the City of Guthrie for two (2) years immediately preceding the date of the last general election; and
5. Must be a resident of the Ward III.
The City Council will accept applications from interested parties until the position is filled, but to ensure full consideration the application should be received prior to the first review of applicants on Monday, March 13, 2023.
Below is a link to the “Application for City Council.” You may file out this form online and then print out a hard copy to submit to “City Council Vacancy” Attn. Kim Biggs, City Clerk/Finance Director by fax: 405.282.6898, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail: Kim Biggs, City of Guthrie, P.O. Box 908, Guthrie, OK 73044.
Be the first to comment on "City of Guthrie accepting applications for city council member following resignation"