The City of Guthrie is declaring a State of Emergency due to the World Health Organization declaring COVID-19 a global pandemic.
The declaration becomes effective 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday, March 16 and will continue continue until 12:01 a.m. Tuesday, May 12, 2020 unless terminated earlier or renewed due to a continuation of said conditions creating the local disaster circumstances.
All events on city property, right-of-ways, and city owned or leased facilities that consist of gatherings of 50 people or more shall be cancelled or postponed.
All City Exclusive Use Permits previously issued or pending for a date from March 16, 2020 through May 12, 2020 are hereby revoked.
The following City of Guthrie facilities shall be closed and all programming and/or events scheduled at said locations shall be postponed and/or cancelled until the expiration of this State of Emergency Declaration:
- Guthrie Public Library
- Sports Facilities at Kiwanis Field, Cottonwood Flats, Owens Field, & the City of Guthrie Soccer Complex
- Highland Hall, except for the food preparation area leased to the Logan County Aging Services.
- Park Pavilions and Public Restrooms
- The following City of Guthrie facilities will remain open for individual access, however all public and private gatherings, meetings and events are hereby postponed and/or cancelled and no permits for gatherings, meetings and events at said locations shall be issued until the expiration of this Emergency Proclamation:
- City Parks and Walking Trails
Meetings of all City of Guthrie authorities, boards, commissions, committees, and trusts are hereby postponed and/or cancelled until the expiration of this Emergency declaration. All Meetings of the Guthrie City Council, Guthrie Public Works Authority (GPWA), and the Guthrie Economic Development Authority (GEDA) are exempt from this cancellation requirement. These meetings will remain open to the public but steps will be taken to ensure no close contact between attendees. City Council. GPWA and GEDA meetings will continue to be televised.
All Guthrie Municipal Court dockets are cancelled. Cases scheduled for arraignment, hearing, and trial will be rescheduled. The Municipal Judge shall issue an order rescheduling cases and the Municipal Court Clerk shall provide notification of the new court dates.
- Throughout the term of this Disaster Declaration the City of Guthrie will postpone cutting off water service for customers unable to pay their bills. There will be no disconnection or late penalties applied to anyone’s bill during this time period and extensions will not be required.
- In lieu of making utility bill payments on the second floor of Guthrie City Hall, customers are encouraged to make check, money order, or cash payments through the night drop or by mail.
- Card payments can also be made through the City Website.
- Payment and/or questions can still be handled on the 2nd floor if necessary.
All in-person gatherings for social, spiritual and recreational purposes, including, but not limited to community, civic, public, leisure, faith-based, or sporting events; parades, concerts, festivals, conventions, fundraisers and similar activities are strongly discouraged until the expiration of this Emergency Proclamation.
Restaurants, bars and other privately owned gathering places are highly encouraged to limit the number of patrons such that at least six (6) feet of space is available to each patron. Such facilities are further encouraged to transition to “take-out” or “delivery” options.
Local gyms and exercise facilities are encouraged to discontinue all group activities and to significantly increase and enhance facility cleaning regiments.
Users of public transportation are encouraged to maintain a distance of at least three feet from other people/riders.
It is encouraged that events of any size should only be continued if they can be carried out with adherence to guidelines for protecting vulnerable populations, hand hygiene, and social distancing. When feasible, organizers should consider modifying events to be virtual.
Need too close all fueling locations and ban truckers close all shopping centers.period,
Ration cards for certain items should be considered. Gas, food, medicine, etc…