Firefighters keep mower fire away from home

Firefighter Clayton Davison extinguishes flames from the lawn mower on S. Broad St.

The cloud of smoke over the city on Thursday afternoon appeared to be more than a lawnmower.

The Guthrie Fire Department responded to the 600 block of S. Broad Street at around 1 p.m. for a lawnmower on fire.

Heavy smoke in the air could be seen for several blocks. Dual fuel tanks aided to the size of the fire.

Firefighters needed a few minutes to control the fire, which was near a home.

Fire officials believe the cause of the fire was due to the mower leaking oil.


Be the first to comment on "Firefighters keep mower fire away from home"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.