Metal building catches fire; firefighters keep home safe

Bookmark and Share

GNP App

An electric fence may have been the cause for a grass fire that later cause a metal portable building to go up in smoke.

The Guthrie Fire Department and Sooner Volunteer Fire Department were called to Oak Lake Drive, off of Triplett Road, to the Oak Lake Estates just before 3 p.m. Wednesday afternoon.

Photo Gallery

According to Fire Chief Eric Harlow, the fire started near the fence line and made its way to the building, that housed several items including an ATV.

Harlow believed the fire caused an estimated $10,000 worth of damage.

Fire crews were able to keep the fire away from a home and camper that was sandwiched between the metal building.

Majority of the land was burned, but no injuries were reported.

Be the first to comment on "Metal building catches fire; firefighters keep home safe"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.