The following construction projects will impact travel on major highways and interstates Wednesday, Nov. 25 through Sunday, Nov. 29. For turnpike information contact the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority at 405-425-3600 or visit pikepass.com. For daily traffic advisories next week, visit www.odot.org.
Oklahoma City Metro
I-35 lanes shifted, speed limit reduced in Norman
Drivers can expect lane shifts and a reduced speed limit on I-35 between Main St. and the South Canadian River for ongoing interchange reconstruction at SH-9 East and Lindsey St. Drivers should expect delays on I-35, especially during peak travel periods. Plan extra time or consider an alternate route such as SH-77H (Sooner Road).
SH-9 lanes shifted, speed limit reduced at 36th Ave. S.E. in Norman
Drivers can expect lane shifts and a reduced speed limit on SH-9 between 36th Ave. S.E. and 72nd Ave. S.E. in Norman for highway reconstruction and widening.
US-77 (Broadway) narrowed, lanes shifted at 33rd St. in Edmond
• The southbound US-77 (Broadway) left turn lanes to eastbound 33rd St. are narrowed to one lane for intersection reconstruction
• Northbound US-77 (Broadway) is narrowed to two lanes and the northbound Broadway left turn lanes to westbound 33rd St. are narrowed to one lane
• Eastbound and westbound 33rd St. is narrowed to one lane through the intersection. Drivers may still turn right or left at the intersection.
SH-74 (Portland Ave.) lanes shifted through April ***FIND ALTERNATE ROUTE***
SH-74 traffic is shifted to the recently paved west frontage road between Memorial Rd. and N.W. 164th St. Drivers are strongly urged to avoid the area entirely, but if traveling through, avoid left turns during rush hour, remain alert and plan for extra time.
I-40 Business narrowed near El Reno
I-40 Business is narrowed to one lane in each direction at I-40 west of El Reno for bridge rehabilitation.
Compress Ave., S.W. 3rd St. closed in downtown Oklahoma City
Drivers can expect the following city street closures for work on the Oklahoma City Boulevard:
• Compress Ave. east of E.K. Gaylord Blvd. and south of Oklahoma Ave. in Bricktown as part of the construction of the new OKC Boulevard.
• S.W. 3rd St. at the E.K. Gaylord Blvd. intersection.
• The speed limit remains reduced to 35 mph and drivers should be especially aware of a bump in the pavement as they approach the new intersection at S.W. 3rd St.
Meridian Ave. narrowed at S.W. 29th St. in Oklahoma City
Meridian Ave. is narrowed to one lane in each direction between S.W. 29th St. and just north of S.W. 15th St. for a resurfacing and widening project in partnership with the City of Oklahoma City.
Be the first to comment on "ODOT: Thanksgiving/Bedlam game day traffic advisory"