The Oklahoma Association of School Administrators (OASA) is pleased to announce Doug Ogle of Guthrie Public Schools as the 2020 OASA District 3 Assistant Superintendent/Central Office Administrator of the Year.
Ogle will be recognized at the Cooperative Council for Oklahoma School Administration (CCOSA) Summer Leadership Conference Virtual Experience on June 4.
OASA annually recognizes outstanding administrators who:
• demonstrate successful experience in top level educational administration
• have a sound, dynamic and realistic philosophy of education
• can inspire and motivate people and give support and recognition for the contributions of others
• have a record which evidences continued professional and personal growth through appropriate training and experiences including skills in human relations and the stamina to cope with the pressures of the job
• have the ability to speak for education on all levels with special emphasis on the district level
• have made contributions to educational administration
“Selecting Administrators of the Year is always exciting,” said Dr. Pam Deering, CCOSA/OASA Executive Director. “I am especially proud of these awardees this school year who have faced more challenges than any of us could have expected. They have worked tirelessly to ensure the most success possible for their students and school communities. Doug Ogle is among some of the best Oklahoma administrators. We’re so proud to recognize his efforts.”
OASA has 20 Districts that consist of multiple counties. Eligible OASA members are nominated and selected by their peers in their OASA District.
Ogle has been employed with Guthrie Public Schools for seven years serving as Guthrie Junior High Principal, Executive Director of Personnel & Secondary Education, and the last three years as Assistant Superintendent.
“I am very humbled and honored to be chosen by my peers of District 3 for this award. I’m blessed to work with for a Board of Education and Superintendent that put kids first and strive for excellence in the classroom every day. Thanks to all the administrators and staff at Guthrie Public Schools for what you do for our students and making Guthrie Public Schools a great district.”