Close call for apartment resident after chair catches fire

Thanks to neighbors and a maintenance worker, an apartment resident was left with minimal damage following a small fire inside a living room.

The Guthrie Fire Department responded to an upstairs apartment in the Woodpark Apartments at 1809 E. College. The 911 call was dispatched at 4:14 p.m. with a report of smoke coming out of the windows.

Police officers with the Guthrie Police Department were on the scene within seconds of the call and witnessed a maintenance worker throwing out a burnt chair and cushion from the second story floor.

Both were smoldering and were extinguished by firefighters.

Light smoke was ventilated out of the apartment.

It was not clear at the scene on exactly how the chair caught fire.

There were no injuries reported at the scene.


Be the first to comment on "Close call for apartment resident after chair catches fire"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.