Video shot and edited by Chris Evans.
A Guthrie couple were called out from a dinner outing with friends to the news that there house had caught on fire Tuesday evening.
The Guthrie Fire Department was called out to 620 W. Industrial around 7:30 p.m. and upon arrival found a home engulfed with flames through the roof and out the garage door.
A neighbor heard an explosion from across the street and stepped out to see flames bursting from the garage and immediately called 911.
The house was unoccupied at the time and has been declared a total loss.
Guthrie Fire Chief Eric Harlow said the residence just recently had some plumbing work over the week and had their gas turned back on, but Harlow does not believe that is the cause of the fire at this time.
“We are looking at some electrical stuff, but as of now we can not completely come out with a cause,” Harlow said. “We had Oklahoma Natural Gas completely check the residence and there is no evidence of any leaks.”
Harlow went on to say the fire appeared to have started in the west end of the house whether it started in the garage or the car port is undetermined at this time.
The Oak Cliff Fire Department assisted the GFD as well as ONG, OG&E, Red Cross and the Guthrie water department.
The owners, who arrived shortly after the fire was contained, had been remodeling the house including new windows and tile. Officials estimate the total loss between $80,000 and $90,000.