Watch: Mower sparks grass fire near businesses

Heavy smoke built up for several minutes on Wednesday afternoon after, a riding lawn mower sparked a grass fire.


A man was mowing the empty field between the Sleep Inn and Tractor Supply near Heather Road when somehow it sparked the fire.

The fire spread to the bottom of the land and up to a small pond.

Guthrie firefighters responded just before 1 p.m. and needed approximately 45 minutes to put out all the flames and hot spots.

There were no injuries or property damage reported at the scene.


1 Comment on "Watch: Mower sparks grass fire near businesses"

  1. Safety is first, no matter what. I feel so sad to see this video, hope everything is okay now.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.