Local sent to hospital with injuries following explosion

Bookmark and Share

A Guthrie resident was sent to the hospital after setting fire around a cistern causing an explosion.

The Guthrie Fire Department were sent out to 602 E. Springer Thursday evening shortly after 6:00 after a top had exploded off a cistern when the resident tried to burn trees and shrubs around the underground device.

Fire Chief Eric Harlow said the victim received minor burns and internal injuries and was transported to Baptist Hospital in Oklahoma City.

A rainwater cistern is—as the name implies—is a setup for collecting rainwater (usually the precipitation that falls on your home’s or barn’s roof) and storing it until it’s needed in a (usually underground) concrete or masonry tank.

The City of Guthrie continues to be in a burn ban.


Be the first to comment on "Local sent to hospital with injuries following explosion"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.