Rep. Duel: National Day of Prayer; Guthrie FFA Banquet

We celebrated the National Day of Prayer last week. It was created in 1952 by a joint resolution of the United States Congress and signed into law by President Harry S. Truman.

National Day of Prayer is an annual event that is observed on the first Thursday of May. Every President since 1952 has signed a National Day of Prayer proclamation. On this day, people are encouraged to set time aside to pray and reflect on the country’s spiritual and heritage values.

On Thursday, Guthrie FFA held its 86 annual banquet, which was an honor to attend. It was great to see all the member’s hard work, dedication and determination over the past year. Students’ participation in FFA proves they are the future leaders of Oklahoma, helping us find solutions to preserving our way of life.

By instilling a passion for agriculture at an early age, FFA teaches youth the tenets of hard work, commitment, and dedication, and it sets them on an excellent path for their future. FFA members participate in more than just livestock shows; members also engage in public speaking, creating homemade goods, community improvement projects, and so much more. FFA is more than that, though; it’s essential to our community, our state, and future generations. It prepares members for careers they dream of, such as agriculture, law, science, business, or public service.

I want to congratulate and thank all the members, along with the many volunteers and instructors who help run the program. It was great visiting with each of you.

In other news, we will have several ARPA meetings in the next two weeks as we approach the end of session. Over the past year, the Legislature approved 91% of the funds, and the goal is to approve the remaining 9% before we adjourn on May 26.

I am thankful and honored that the constituents of House District 31 have entrusted me with the responsibility of serving in the Oklahoma House of Representatives. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any concerns at 405-557-7350 or


Be the first to comment on "Rep. Duel: National Day of Prayer; Guthrie FFA Banquet"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.