Thanks to the partnership between the Logan County Historical Society and the City of Guthrie the Historic Water Works Building has a new roof, a new coat of paint and all the windows have been repaired. The Water Works Building had deteriorated over the years and became an example of the need to perform preventative maintenance on city buildings.
The interior of the building still needs substantial work to bring in to a usable condition, but any further deterioration has now been stopped. Because of the new roof and repairs to the walls and windows, the building is sealed to the elements and safe from additional decline.
The city is looking at many possible future uses for the building, once interior repairs can be done. Right now, the city has a beautifully restored exterior on a building that is a great example of the historic architecture that Guthrie is famous for.
The Water Works Building was built in 1893, and is located next to the new Water Treatment Plant on South Division Street.