Triplett’s bond revoked; back in custody without bond

Dan Triplett has been charged with first degree murder in the death of Brent Mack.

Dan Triplett, who has been charged with first degree murder in the death of Brent Mack, is back in the Logan County Jail without bond following a bond hearing on Friday inside the Logan County Courthouse. The hearing comes after Triplett was found violating a court’s order.

With a heavy presence of law enforcement, both inside and outside of the courtroom, Triplett was handcuffed and escorted to the jail following a 23-minute bond hearing. Neither Triplett, or his family members in the courtroom showed any emotion with the judge’s ruling.

Upon his bond conditions set in December by Judge Susan Worthington, Triplett was only allowed to leave his house arrest to visit his attorney, doctor appointments and court dates. 

Related article: Bond hearing set for accused murderer; DA seeking to revoke Dan Triplett’s bond
Related article: Wrongful death lawsuit filed against alleged murderer
Related articleMurder suspect released from jail on bond
Related articleJudge sets $500k bond for murder suspect
Related articleVideos assisting investigators with suspected septic tank homicide; bond denied
Related article: Attorney for suspected murder files motion for bail
Related articleMissing Guthrie man found; suspect in custody
Related articlePolice searching for missing Guthrie man

District Attorney Laura Austin Thomas called two witnesses to the stand, a bank teller who spotted Triplett conducting banking business in the drive thru on Jan. 4 and Catie Byrd with Oklahoma Court Services.

The teller testified she knew of Triplett’s bond conditions and that he was not supposed to be at the bank. The teller alerted the Guthrie Police Department, who made contact with Oklahoma Court Services in Cleveland County.

Byrd, who overlooked the GPS tracking device, testified to the court that Triplett was in violation five times of his bond conditions as he was being tracked by his ankle monitor.

Testimony showed on Jan. 4, Triplett was at a gas station at 12:54 p.m., at the bank at 3:46 p.m. and back home at 3:54 p.m. On December 15, Triplett was found to be at a Oklahoma City Waffle House along I-35. Both dates are when Triplett visited his attorney’s office.

Triplett’s attorney, Ron Wallace, told the judge that Triplett had to get fuel at the gas station before coming to his office and that he had stopped for breakfast. The attorney added that Triplett was found to be in the Waffle House parking lot for two minutes.

Wallace added that both stops was a direct route from Triplett’s home to his office.

Wallace was unable to defend Triplett’s visit to the bank and asked the judge that either his bond be increased, or that Triplett serve weekend sanctions at the jail.

“Dan Triplett is not trust worthy or reliable,” Thomas told the judge in closing. She added that gas, waffles and banking were not part of the judge’s order.

Thomas added in her closing that the community is scared to death and that the community knows his bond conditions better than him.

Judge Worthington, in her final decision, said the restrictions placed on Triplett’s bond “was not lightly imposed” and there were only three purposes of the bond condition.

Mack, who suffered a gunshot wound, was found buried under a septic tank on Oct. 22. Triplett was charged with first degree murder and desecration of a human corpse on Oct. 25.

The former Guthrie city councilman was given a $500,000 bond by Judge Worthington and was released from custody on Dec. 7 before being booked back in the jail on Friday.

Triplett is scheduled to be back in court on Jan. 27 at 2 p.m.


Be the first to comment on "Triplett’s bond revoked; back in custody without bond"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.